Color Astrology

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Is Astrology Real? No It Is Made Up

I will be quick. I am a scientist.

So what you may ask. Well, I look at the world as a scientist does. I look for repeating patterns and I look for realistic and reproducible results.

As a scientist, if I boil water and measure its temperature, I expect it to reach boiling point at 100 degrees Celsius or 212 Fahrenheit. Not more and not less (unless there were differing environmental conditions in which case the boiling point would change but would be easily predictable).

I look for order. I can ratify things that I have checked with theory. I can show others what I have done to achieve this and if they did the same then they would get the near-same results. I could make a hypothesis 9a good guess) as to what would happen with my experiments.

As a scientist, if I dropped a ball over a cliff I know what would happen to it. If I rolled a ball along a table, I could accurately predict its path, speed and stopping position.

I was going to say that this is why I find difficulty with the idea of astrology being able to either influence or predict the lives and patterns of humans. But I do not find difficulty with it. And the reason for this is that it is all made up.

The movement of the planets are simply that ? movements. Alignments may change gravitational pulls and other measurable principles but it won't change the lives of people. Birth dates are simply dates on which someone was born and the notion that the particular movement and pattern of planets and other celestial bodies on that date could have any influence is simply simplistic and misinformed.

It makes money though.

Eric Hartwell oversees "The World's Best Homepage" intended to be a user-generated resource where YOUR opinion counts. Anybody can contribute and all are welcomed. Visit us to read, comment upon or share opinions at the worlds best homepage or submit or use content at free content resource.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,