Color Astrology

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Astrology - Do You Believe?

Whenever I think of astrology I think of the daily horoscope (or "horrible-scope" as my friend would call them) in the local paper. I enjoy reading them. Sometimes they seem like they're right on track, talking directly to me about something going on in my life, and other times, not so much. I see them as more like fun reading.

The practice of astrology is an ancient one that follows the movement of the sun and the moon and the position of the constellations in the sky. Astrology has been around for thousands of years. Astrologers believe that the positions and movements of the celestial bodies play a part in our personalities. The 12 sign zodiac was developed in 450 BC.

Many millions of dollars are made each year by practitioners of the art of astrology, especially as it is associated with love. We are each looking for our "soul mate" and many think that astrology is a way to help us find that person. It's true, each sign has personality traits, and some of the signs may seem more compatible than others. However, when I met the man who was to become my husband he wasn't in the two or three zodiac signs I was sure to be compatible with. I'm an Earth sign, he's a Water sign, gee, I would think together that we'd be mud!!

There are at least a billion people worldwide who place a lot of trust in astrology and astrologers. If you remember, Nancy Regan had a psychic advisor while First Lady. There are people who take astrology very seriously and people who won't leave their homes if the stars and planets aren't aligned favorably. There are some people who go to an astrologer for advice without doing any thinking for themselves first. A large downside to this is that some people get so used to the advice of an astrologer they seem to become unable or powerless to make any decisions on their own, giving their lives over to someone elses beliefs and values. It is said that some astrologers and psychics actually come to enjoy the hold they have over people and their lives.

Astrology can be fun, and it's history is fascinating. Since our beginnings man has always been in awe of the sky. However, don't let what you read control your life.

To learn more about astrology please visit http://www.astrology-advisor.info

Labels: , , , ,