Color Astrology

Friday, January 18, 2008

What Do The Stars Predict For Your Future? Try Astrology To Find Out

If you like astrology, you'll be happy to get astrology readings both via the Internet and offline. For myself, I get a number of freebies every day by e-mail, and it's quite comical how they all vary! What can you expect though, given that they're not calculated using my own birth data - for which reason I see this kind of astrology only as a source of entertainment.

So, as a mere fun interest, naturally I'd never suggest basing any serious life decisions on something like astrology. I see it in terms of an oddity or curiosity, even if it does have some sort of impressive history in dating way back to Ancient Babylon. Regardless of what my newspaper horoscope tells me, I favour an approach of combined reason and intuition - unless of course I have some irrational but overwhelming feeling that I ought to purchase a lottery ticket, in which case it's only a small price to pay for being wrong.

To sum up: my own view of astrology readings that are based on your sun sign alone and nothing more personal are just a harmless piece of fun. If you want to go more in-depth, have a full birth chart calculated on the basis of your place of birth, date and time. (A chart can still be done without a precise time but it won't be as personal as one without.) This can give a detailed character analysis; in addition, if you want such extra services, you can check out your horoscope compatibility with your partner, which is technically known as synastry.

Naturally, having the full works done, allows your astrologer to make more personalized and specific future forecasts - although whether or not you choose to believe in their validity is another matter entirely. For myself, I simply enjoy the psychological aspects of chart analysis and how this can sometimes shed interesting light on a subject's character. I've never really been sure how much in life is fated or merely random; and I have to say that astrologers seem pretty much divided over this deep philosophical question too.

Whatever the truth of the matter, you might be interested in having some free astrology readings done from mere curiosity. There are sites which offer sample readings, possibly leading to a fuller, paid one if you're sufficiently interested. Although you may know your Western star sign, you may not know your Eastern or Vedic astrology sign, or indeed your Chinese astrology one. You might even like to sample them all to see which system describes you best. After all, it can be either free or very low-cost to try an astrology reading. www.HecatesArts.com offers a tempting selection for those curious about this ancient celestial art.

Jay Rich is the founder of http://www.hecatesarts.com/ which offers numerology, psychic, Tarot, and astrology readings, plus much more. Visit here to discover more about astrology signs and horoscope compatibility.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,